When you are ready to provide student access to your course site in Blackboard, all you need to do is change the status to “Available.” Please follow these steps to change the availability of your course site in Blackboard:
1. Under Course Management in the lower left of your course site, select Customization, then select Properties.
2. In the Set Availability section, change the setting to Yes.
3. Click Submit.
STUDENTS - Whether or not you can see your course(s) listed on Blackboard Learn depends on a variety of factors. If you don't see one or two classes, but you do see others, there are three main possible reasons:
(1) You added the class within the last 24 hours. Enrollment information is updated in Blackboard Learn once a day via a process known as the "Snapshot", which transfers any enrollment changes made during the last 24 hours. The process begins at 5:00AM and typically finishes by about 5:30AM. Please bear in mind that Blackboard Learn is not the official site to check your schedule; that's MyUTK (http://myutk.utk.edu/). So if you don't see one of your courses in Blackboard Learn, don't assume that you've been dropped, but DO check MyUTK to verify your schedule.
(2) The course site is currently "unavailable". Instructors can (and often do) hide their courses from their students until they are ready for them to see the content.
(3) Your instructor is using Canvas instead of Blackboard. Check with your instructor to see if you will be using Canvas. Please visit https://online.utk.edu to log in to Canvas.
The Office of Information Technology is piloting a new service that allows you to text “UTKwifi” followed by your building and room number information to 55000 to report academic classrooms on campus where there may be issues with the wireless network. An example for how to text in your location is available in the OIT Knowledge Base.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System